Code of Ethics
As a member of the “Glass Trades Association”, this Code of Ethics is subscribed to, enacted, and directed to the elimination of unethical and unfair trade practices in all areas of the glass and glass related products.
- Products or services advertised at a given price with the intention of substituting other products or services unless advertised to all prospective customers as such is unethical.
- False or deceptive advertising as implied through personal solicitation, billboards, signs, or other selling methods is deemed unethical by the G.T.A.
- Copying or imitating trades names, trade marks, brands or other marks of competitors to mislead consumers as to comparable product sameness is unethical.
- All codes – municipal, provincial, and federal – to be complied with as per regulations of the association.
- The breaching of contracts between competitors and their customers by any means is deemed unethical.
- To damage a competitor’s reputation by falsely imputing, other dishonorable conduct, questionable credit rating, inability to perform contracts, or falsifying statements of grade, quality or manufacturing of the products to be used by the competitor is unethical.
- When quoting a project, it is every member’s obligation to identify any or all improper application of products that does not meet building standards and codes.